Food plays a critical role in managing weight. There are certain dry fruits and figs for weight loss that you can befriend in this challenging yet fruitful journey, as dry fruit for weight loss has proven to show interestingly positive results!
Losing weight is not just a fitness goal to achieve beauty standards; it is essential to maintain good health and prevent various ailments. Food serves as an important parameter to consider in the weight loss journey, and dried fruits, which are a concentrated form of fresh fruits, are an excellent option. Dry fruits for weight loss show promising results when consumed as snacks, and their consumption on a daily basis can impart many health benefits. Moreover, there are many black raisins for weight loss available in the market that are considered great for weight loss.
How dry fruits help in weight loss
Dry fruits help in weight loss due to their high fibre content. Fibre is that part of the plant cell that cannot be digested by our body, but is highly beneficial to health.
- In meal plans which require energy restriction or controlling the consumption of calories consumed, eating dried fruits is associated with improved diet quality as well as reduction in body weight.
- Dried fruit consumption is also associated with improved nutrient intakes.
- Dry fruits are low in sodium and high in potassium. Dietary potassium acts as a predictor for weight loss. An added benefit is that low sodium and high potassium diets also help in maintaining blood pressure.
- Besides, along with weight loss, dry fruits contain several health-promoting plant components like phytochemicals and antioxidants which may help in preventing various diseases and improving overall health.
Different dry fruits for weight loss
Following is a list of dry fruits for weight loss:
- Figs: Packed with nutrients, figs are a good source of phenolics, organic compounds, and volatile acids, as well as fibre, vitamins A and K, that contribute to healthy living. They are considered antimicrobial agents. When included as a part of the diet, like other dry fruits, figs for weight loss may be considered important as they can provide satiety and make you feel full for a longer time. Thus, they reduce the incidence of overeating. You can also consume figs in the form of a delicious fig and sugarcane juice.
- Raisins: Raisins are dried grapes that contain beneficial components for human health. They possess health-promoting properties and have the ability to prevent an undesirable increase in blood glucose levels. This makes them a healthy snack option that may reduce constant cravings. Raisins for weight loss may prove beneficial as they can help decrease blood cholesterol and sugar levels, which could also prove beneficial to prevent cardiovascular diseases. Black raisins for weight loss are also helpful as they additionally possess oleanolic acid, which shows antioxidant activity and can fight harmful substances in our body. Try this raisin chocolate jam and see how it works wonders for you.
- Dry apricots: Dry apricot benefits for weight loss as it contains a reasonable amount of dietary fibre that provides necessary roughage and bulk to the food consumed. It also helps stimulate normal gastric movement and prevents constipation. Studies have shown that soluble fibre lowers blood cholesterol, maintains blood sugar levels and helps in reducing body weight.
- Dates: Research suggests that dates have the potential to positively influence the reduction of total cholesterol levels. Dates can also help elevate High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) because of their high polyphenolic content. Their high fibre content ensures that they are safe for diabetics too when consumed in moderation. Dry dates for weight loss diets can be used effectively and are proven to contain the highest concentration of polyphenols among other dried fruits. They also express anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dry peaches: The peach fruit is proven to be rich in phytochemicals with beneficial anti-obesity effects, especially in its dry form. It can significantly reduce body weight and abdominal fat mass. Its reservoirs of nutrients and antioxidants make it one of the best dry fruits to reduce belly fat.
- Cranberries: Ellagic acid is an important polyphenol that possesses antioxidant abilities and is present in fruits like pomegranates and berries. This ellagic acid, as found in dried cranberries, has several functions. It can help decrease long-term inflammation, which is usually a contributory factor in developing conditions like dyslipidemia. Dyslipidemia is characterised by an imbalance in the fat molecules in blood, which can lead to obesity.
- Prunes: When considering dry fruits good for weight loss, prunes are an important option to consider. They are obtained from dried plums and consumed as food or medicine. They are extremely popular all around the globe for their nutritive, laxative, and digestive properties. Another important characteristic of prunes is that they show an anti-hyperlipidemic property, which can promote the reduction of lipid levels in the blood. Prunes contain dietary fibres, carbohydrates, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant polyphenolic phytochemicals. Their consumption is useful in cases of obesity.
From prunes to raisins to dry apricot benefits for weight loss, we learned it all in this blog. When on a weight loss journey, the type of food you consume holds the key to achieving positive results. Since dried fruits are nutrient-rich foods with wide-ranging benefits, they can conveniently be incorporated into healthy diets. In fact, dry fruit for weight loss is a good snacking option, which can improve the nutritional quality. The list described above includes dry fruits to reduce belly fat as well. However, it’s wise to consume them in moderation to achieve the best results.