Breakfast is no doubt the most important meal of the day. Aside from imparting many other benefits, breakfast can also play a crucial role in weight loss. The morning breakfast for weight loss can be consumed wisely to ensure one meets their health goals and stays fit! Let’s find out the optimal morning diet for weight loss. Read on to find out more.
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. In recent times, breakfast consumption has also been associated with weight control and cognitive performance. As the first meal of the day, it contributes to replenishing the nutrient reserves of our body and has a great impact on life from the nutrition perspective. Scroll through this blog to understand the numerous benefits of breakfast and a few weight loss breakfast ideas.
Role of breakfast in Your Diet
The following are a few benefits of including a healthy breakfast in your diet:
Helps replenish nutrients:A healthy balance of all the vital nutrients is necessary to ensure we live a healthy life. It has been observed that consuming breakfast regularly can benefit all age groups, including children and adolescents, to meet their requirements for macro and micronutrients.
Maintains weight:Body mass index (BMI) is the measure of height and weight to establish if the individual falls under the normal range or is underweight or obese. Regular consumption of light breakfast is associated with a lower BMI - it can also improve your dietary capacity and reduce the risk of obesity.
Linked to higher cognitive performance:Regular breakfast consumption also improves mental and intellectual performance, memory and is also linked to a significant decrease in stress levels.
May improve exercise performance:It is observed that those who regularly consume breakfast demonstrate better exercise patterns. A high-calorie breakfast also supplies the needed energy to carry out intense physical exercise sessions.
Healthy breakfast to lose weight
The standard nutritional recommendations suggest three food groups that can provide 20 to 35% of the daily energy requirement. These include milk and milk derivatives, unrefined and whole grain cereals, and fresh fruit or juice without added sugar. It is essential to note that a healthy weight loss breakfast should contain more fibre and protein, less sugar and fat, and must be rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium). Having such a breakfast can certainly have a positive impact on your health. Here are a few ideas for a healthy breakfast to lose weight:
1. Oats Bean Bowl:
- This recipe for breakfast in a bowl is prepared by adding chopped garlic, carrot, French beans, and previously cooked rajma to seasoned oil in a pan. Once sauteed, oats are added and the blend of ingredients is cooked well.
- Oats and rajma are high-fibre foods, with a good combination of healthy carbs and protein.
- Adding garlic pieces to this recipe is also associated with a reduced waist circumference, making this the best breakfast for weight loss.
- A twist to the regular chapattis, this paratha is made with a mixture of whole wheat flour, mashed sabudana, and 2 tbsp grated beetroot. The ghee suggested in this recipe is optional and can be avoided to ensure a flat belly.
- When accompanied by eggs, this can turn into a high-protein breakfast recipe.
- A higher-protein diet has been suggested as an effective strategy to manage weight and prevent or treat obesity.
- A sandwich is a go-to option for breakfast during a hectic morning schedule.
- The filling can be prepared by using chopped cabbage and grated paneer, along with ginger and seasonings.
- Use multi-grain bread and add tomato ketchup and mint chutney to each slice.
- Although paneer is considered high in fat, it is also high in protein and low in calories, which you can include in moderation in your morning diet for weight loss along with healthy veggies as added in this recipe.
- Additionally, you can make this breakfast more wholesome by drinking a Papaya Pineapple Smoothie since papaya has the potential to reduce the risk of obesity.
4. Plum Quinoa Ginger Smoothie:
- No time to eat breakfast? Well, then just drink it.
- This smoothie is prepared by blending quinoa, plum, ginger, and curd together.
- Quinoa is one of the best sources of plant protein and contains all the essential amino acids required for health. On the other hand, curd is a probiotic and contains live microorganisms good for health. Its consumption is associated with a lower body mass index, lower body weight/weight gain, a smaller waist circumference and lower body fat.
5. Vegetable Idli with Sambhar:
- The fermented Idli batter can be enhanced by adding vegetables like boiled sweet corn, chopped tomato, onion, capsicum, and carrot.
- When served with veggie-rich Sambhar, this is the best Indian breakfast for weight loss as it contains a good balance of cereals, lentils and vegetables.
- Besides, vegetable consumption is directly linked to weight loss and can be a good dieting breakfast option.
So these were some of our best weight loss breakfast ideas. Diet is an important aspect when considering weight loss, and this is where the role of breakfast comes into play. A weight loss breakfast can help you shed some pounds and reach your health goals faster. A good breakfast also has an impact on your exercise and performance levels. As the first and most important meal of the day, whether you eat it or drink it, breakfast should definitely not be skipped!