5 healthy pasta recipes
Pasta is a versatile, easily adaptable, and commonly enjoyed dish in every household. One can cook it in a variety of ways to provide wholesome nutrition to toddlers and pre-teens. You can prepare it as a low-fat dish or a high-calorie dish, depending on the ingredients you opt for. And kids love pasta even if you use a few ingredients. Just try to use homemade sauces and fresh ingredients for better nutrition.
Here are 5 healthy pasta meal recipes which you can try out for your little ones:
1. Avocado pasta
- 1 bunch of basil leaves
- 100 gram walnuts, ground
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 11/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced cubes
- 200 gram pasta, boiled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flavoured spices
- Gather all ingredients and grind them, except the pasta.
- Mix all ingredients and flavoured spices with the boiled pasta.
- Add olive oil and garnish with cottage cheese.
- Enjoy the pasta with any homemade sauce of your choice.
2. Pasta e Fagioli (pasta and beans)
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chopped celery stick
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 chopped and peeled carrot
- 5-6 rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, cut into very small slices
- 425 g boiled beans, drained and rinsed
- 250 gram of pasta (use gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water (625 ml)
- 1 cup tomato puree (250 ml)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Sauté the veggies and sun-dried tomatoes in a large pot for 5 minutes with some water or extra virgin olive oil, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients, stir continuously and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat uxntil the pasta is cooked (about 10 minutes) and serve immediately.
- Feel free to add more or less stock or water, depending on how thick you want this dish.
- You can keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
3. Vegetable chickpea pasta salad
- 250 gram pasta
- 1 chopped diced cucumber, bell pepper
- 200 gram cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper
Zest garlic lemon dressing
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mineral salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta, prepare the vegetables, and drain and rinse chickpeas and make the dressing.
- In a large serving bowl, add the boiled pasta, veggies and dressing, and toss well to coat evenly.
- Store in an airtight container and relish when needed.
4. Vegan lemon pasta with nuts, broccoli and beans
- 250 gram pasta
- 300 grams broad beans
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 g fresh basil
- ½ lemon zest
- 4 chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Boil the pasta till the desired consistency is reached
- Steam broccoli, broad beans, and mix together, and then add pine nuts.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil, after removing from heat, and whisk with lemon and lemon zest.
- In a pan, combine pasta, broccoli and rest of the spices for taste
5. Healthy pasta primavera
- 2 cups whole grain penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oils
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 inch pieces asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups small and chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ grated cottage cheese (paneer)
- In a large pot with salted water, boil the penne and cook till tender yet firm.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat oil, add the onion, and cook till soft. Then add asparagus and mushrooms, and cook it all for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, carrot, and garlic, oregano, and black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, which is for about 1 minute.
- Drain the boiled penne and stir it with the vegetable mixture along with ½ cup of cottage cheese.
- Serve with lemon wedges and cottage cheese.
Healthy pasta recipes are great meal options for kids, be it for breakfast or as an evening snack. These dishes are easily digestible and are soft in texture, and hence easily appeal to your child’s palate. When prepared with various vegetables or eggs or chicken or even fish, pastas can become more nutrient-dense and tasty too.